Find gifts featuring my artwork at Cafepress or at Redbubble

Buy art

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Bamboo Forest

Recently I spent some time with Marion Davidson, my art teacher from the UAE, when she visited China to reminisce and catch up with friends from when she taught here a few years ago. We visited Huangshan (Yellow Mountain) and stayed a few days in Hangzhou. Whilst I did not see any pandas in the wild I imagined that there could have been some in the bamboo forests on Huangshan. This picture will be digitised with my new Fireworks8 macromedia program. I am just learning how to use it! My sister Helen has sent me a graphics tablet and a ssoon as I receive it I will be "down to business". I wonder how he will look in vectors with some nice bright colours - watch this space!

Also, I completed this painting the day my nephew Evan and his girlfriend Sarah had my sisters grandchild - Sally. So the painting is for Sally and will be framed and in the mail in a week or two.


I made some changes when we were doing thedigitisation and this is what it came out like:

No comments:

Post a Comment